For over 95 years, the Greater Cleveland Alumnae Chapter (GCAC) has sustained their founders’ passion and commitment to scholarship and public service. This was a seamless effort because the chapter became home to Founder Madree Penn White whose contributions to the legacy of the organization can never be understated and influence to her home chapter continues to resonate.
GCAC was originally chartered in 1924 as Omega Chapter at Western Reserve (now Case Western Reserve University). The Omega chapter was retired after a change to alumnae status and later chartered as the Greater Cleveland Alumnae Chapter in 1976. Henceforward, GCAC has continued to have a prominent presence in the community and a persistent commitment to public service.
GCAC services and supports the culturally rich and diverse community of Cleveland. There are over 500 members currently in GCAC. We are a chapter dedicated to the vision of our 22 illustrious founders of a sisterhood deeply committed to excellence, guided by scholarship and public service and rooted in Christian principles.
2019 Heritage Event
2018 -2019 Program Highlights
Omega Chapter Chartered
Delta Convention held in Cleveland, OH
7th Annual Omega Chapter Jabberwock at the Phillis Wheatley Auditorium
Delta coupled with Central area organizations legislate for fair employment practices.
On January 31st, the Greater Cleveland Alumnae Chapter was officially chartered
The Delta Center was purchased in Cleveland, Ohio
Delta Sigma Theta Centennial Torch travels to Cleveland (view article)